Monday, February 28, 2005

i have a lot to say. but i can't find the time to tap the keyboard. so i drafted a lot of stuff in my head. by the time i do have the time, it's all gone and i'm tounge-tied.

one thing on top of my mind is about my career with this company. i'm about to reach the point of no return. i have to decide now.

but i don't know what's the next move -- what is the kind of job available for me that would excite me? what are the jobs available in the company? what would i excel at?

i want my remaining years in this company to be meaningful -- to be productive for the company and at the same time to be recognized and rewarded. i don't want to fall into oblivion, to be just one of the faces. i will find it difficult to drag myself out of the office.

i'm reaching deep down in my soul to re-evalute my existence in this company and in a bigger contact, my existence in this world. come to think of it, these are the same stuff i thought about when i started my adult life.

so, what do you call this? a mid-life crisis? nope, i'd like to call it mid-life review. yeah that's exactly what i've been doing these past few weeks. i've mentally noted down the high and low points in my life.

there are things i failed terribly at. i need to improve upon them. the time that past will never come back. there's only the future. i don't know how much time is left ahead of me for me to make up for all my failures i made. however, i resolve that i will do good a bit each day, be strong to stay away from the bad, and may God Most Gracious guide me in each step of the way.

aamiiiin ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Feel like writing something but suddenly I can't remember what to write. Oh welll....

Hope the asthma :- some say you should try crocodile meats. Yeah, you might say not edibly halal but it works, most of the time. Just a tiny bit will do. -: is not dragging the fun out of life.

Cheers.

Red

TheTypist said...

red, thanx for the tip. the asthma doesn't bother me so much that it takes the fun out of my life nor warrants me to eat that crocky meat :-)