Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Driving back to the office from lunch I heard Andy Williams sing on the radio:
"How long does it last, Can love be measured by the hours in the day ... "
The title of the song is Where Do I Begin. It's one of my favs.

Andy, the answer is Yes. Some people do measure love by how much time you spend with them. And for those who see a half glass of water as half empty (instead of half full), they measure how much time you don't spend with them. Or they'll make use of this measurement as an excuse to discard you when they don't love you anymore.

If love is to be measured at all, it should be measured by simple, sincere deeds of devotion.

A friend once told me that to find a person to love, find someone whom you can love a hundred percent, and who loves you a hundred and ten percent. He's right. It's easier to go through life loving someone whom loves you more.

I have been in the position of giving the hundred and ten percent. You have to give all you can, and then some. Then you hope that the person whom you love appreciates what you do. It would have been a big bonus if the other person loves you a hundred percent.

Well, after what has been said, it's better to have loved a hundred and ten percent and be discarded, rather than not to love at all. At least I've done my part.

No comments: