Monday, February 16, 2004

This year's Valentine's Day was special! No, I didn't celebrate it, and don't intend to. So what's so special about it? I just found out that Liza's birthday falls on the same day!

Last Saturday night I popped in at the place. Darn ... the place was set up for Val's dinner. It was full with couples having candle-lit dinner. I guess I was the only one to turn up with another man. We did the customary greetings with the manager and the band boys and got ourselves two seats at the row of chairs along the dark wall behind the bar. Hmmm ... two guys sitting at a dark corner on Val's day. People must be thinking we're gay lovers celebrating Val's. Double darn!

Luckily Liza came and joined us for a while. With her presence we wouldn't look like gays, would we? Well, I was hoping so. Had a small chat with her and that's when she told us that it's her birthday. I asked the band to play her a birthday tune but she refused.

So, guys! There you go. It's not too late to wish her a happy birthday.

No comments: