Thursday, May 13, 2004

dear e,

it is may. it has not been long since our paths crossed and brought me to know you but it seems that i've known you all my life.

your appearance in my life is so unexpected. it is like a ray of sun in a long antartic winter. soon i found out that i am your ray of sun, too, as we share a similar past.

we were both betrayed. we endured bitterness and pain (although you had to suffer more). we carried the anger and frustration. we cried while our hearts burnt to ashes. no one knows the agony except for us.

those who hurt us easily forget the extent of damage they have caused to us. but we who have been hurt will never forget it. the experience will be a part of our history. let us learn from that history and not repeat it on each other. we've become more cautious now and we know what matters most to us. i know what you need most and you know what i need most.

let us leave the past behind and live the day. there's a whole new future in front of us to work on. thank you for taking me as i am. i cannot offer you much; but, whatever i give will be my best.

although i feel like i've known you all my life, getting to know each other is a lifetime effort. and i want to spend my lifetime getting to know you, god willing.

signing off with lots of love.

No comments: