Wednesday, June 30, 2004

i like orange. the colour, i mean. i started to like the colour a couple of years ago. before that, my favourites were blue and brown. my office wardrobe consists of white and blue shirts. i have an orange shirt. whenever i garb that shirt i feel light-hearted. but i can't imagine wearing orange pants. whenever i shop for clothes my eyes are always directed to the orange ones.

orange on a wall in the house is nice, too. not on all walls, but on a feature wall. orange on a mini (the original, not the bmw) looks cute, but not suitable on a merz. an orange mobile phone looks fun and delectable.

in fact, i like all shades of and similarities to orange, saffron and vermillion included. i consider vermillion as the more agressive orange. i like the spelling v-e-r-m-i-l-l-i-o-n.

i like orange because it's the colour of the sun, i guess. the bright saffron sun lighting up the light blue sky and the lightly scattered white clouds in the morning lifts my spirit high. the orange sun in the afternoon begs me to go out and play. sometimes the sun takes on the colour of vermillion when it is about to set. the sight of the vermillion sun against the grayish blue sky getting ready to set calms me down.

what has prompted me to write about my liking for the colour orange? the colour of the blogger(tm) logo reminds me of it.

No comments: