Tuesday, June 29, 2004

one morning eight months ago i walked into the elevator to go up to my office in the sky. my head was lifelessly wilted down, my eyes staring at the floor in between my feet. i ignored another man in the elevator until his deep voiced boomed, "you look devastated."

those words resonated deep into my chest. with tears building up in my eyes, i gathered my strength and looked at the vicinity of his face and said, "yes, i am."

the elevator stopped and opened its doors halfway up to the sky. i had to catch another elevator to reach the sky. i dragged my feet and he let me out first. as i walked away his voice boomed again, "take it easy." i just nodded without even looking at him. tears were already flowing down my cheeks.

devastated, i was then. it was a dark moment.

but, wait. it was then. this is now.

sunshine, i am now.

yesterday i had coffee with my good buddy. at the first sight of me, he greeted, "you look radiant! the weekend must have been great." indeed i was shining. indeed the weekend was great.

and of course, a song comes to mind ...

I'm walking on sunshine
and don't it feel good!


~ Katrina and The Waves

woooo hoooo

No comments: