Thursday, June 10, 2004

Yesterday I finally spoke to my boss' boss about my interests and strengths. I told him that I am better at doing something that requires intensive thinking. Leave me in a cave somewhere to come up with something new and I will crawl out of it with something brilliant. While I'm thinking I don't like to be pestered with ad-hoc and immediate requests; it's not that I can't deliver them but I will be distracted and my train of thoughts will be derailed.

We ended the conversation with him noting my feedback.

I believe I have high power of imagination, high power of analysis, and I can see things from a bigger perspective. I can take huge amounts of input and make some sense out of it.

I'd rather work alone. I will solicit ideas from others if I require them. My brother once told me that "teamwork happens when you are willing to trade a brilliant idea with a lousy one." But I'm expected to be a team player. OK, I'll be seen as a team player.

But i'm kind of low on being realistic. I'm a dreamer, remember?

No comments: